Casa das Janelas com Vista
Located in the hip Bairro Alto district, Casa das Janelas com Vista benefits from some cracking views of the city (including the Basilica da Estrela and the River Tejo with its imposing bridge), but the owners have gone to the ends of the earth to ensure inside is equally pleasing on the eye. Set in a former basketry workshop the hotel offers a taste of boutique hotel at B&B prices.
Guest rooms have all been individually designed, with a theme of cool wood and crisp whites and feature air conditioning, hardwood floors, signature beds and an en-suite bathroom. There is no restaurant as such, but the surrounding areas offers plenty of possibilities.
• 12 rooms
• Hotel opened: April 2011
• Architecture: Carina Barreto
• Interiors (& owners): Carmen Rendé & Natalia Tubella
• Unique: the living room (which doubles as the reception and breakfast area) has a unique design with several amazing decoration pieces. Its perfect to relax in the afternoon with a book, play a board game, listen to some music and enjoy some typical Portuguese cheeses with a glass of wine.
Public parking nearby (charge).
• Rossio train station: 300 metres (trains to Sintra)
• Cais do Sodré Station: 1 km (trains to Cascais)
Stylish and plush, Bairro Alto Hotels beckons you off the street with its cheery yellow exterior. It is located on Bairro Alto's (Lisbon hippest neighbourhood) centra...
Arguably Lisbon’s most stylish hostel, the Independente is located in the stylish Bairro Alto enclave, in two neighbouring mansions that once served as the Swiss am...
Decorated by leading Portuguese designers, the Lisbonaire is centrally located apartments, only 100 metres from the Restauradores metro stop and 250 metres to the Rossio ...
- DNA Hot List
There are no reviews yet.
Back to top