Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney
Located on the northern edge of downtown Detroit on Grand Circus Park is Aloft Detroit set in a restored 1915 Neo-Renaissance skyscraper. The hotel occupies floors 1-9 of the historic David Whitney building, names after a prominent lumber baron and which stood derelict for 15 years. The hotel offers the usual Aloft Hotels amenities, like a bar and 24h sweet and savoury snack counter. Rooms are decorated in the typical style of purpose built Aloft hotels and feature a semi-enclosed bathroom with walk-in shower, safe, coffee machine, 42” LCD TV, work desk and connectivity station. Suites are located on floors 2-4 and border the atrium. No restaurant on site, but several within walking distance. The Detroit People Mover's station is located at the first and second floors of the building.
• 136 rooms
• Hotel opened: December 2014
• Architect: Graham, Burnham & Co.
• Unique: The stunning atrium, complete with renovated gold leaf stucco, marble and stone everywhere, original elevator shafts and standout details, like tables made from the marble and elevator metal that was unsalvageable during the renovation.
Private parking possible on-site (surcharge).
• In Downtown Detroit
• Fox Theatre: 3-minute walk
• Ford Field: 5-minute walk
• Comerica Park: 6-minute walk
• Joe Louis Arena: 11-minute walk
• GM Renaissance Center: 11-minute walk
There are no reviews yet.
Back to top