The Hollywood Roosevelt
Located along the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and across the street from the TCL Chinese Theatre the hip Hollywood Roosevelt hotel is as famous as its surroundings. Opened in 1927 -Los Angeles oldest continually operating hotel- it features Spanish Colonial Revival Style interiors, with leather sofas, wrought-iron chandeliers and colorful tiled fountains. The first Academy Awards ceremony was held at the hotel on May 16, 1929, inside the Blossom Ballroom.
Chic, modern rooms and suites (some named after famous former residents such as Marilyn Monroe, who lived here two years) come with premium bedding, flat-screen TVs and minibars with Dean & DeLuca goodies. Rooms are distributed between the original tower and the vintage 19n50s poolside cabana rooms.
There is a gym and an outdoor pool with a fire pit. Cocktails are available at The Library bar and The Spare Room which features vintage bowling lanes. Eclectic American cuisine is offered at the Public Kitchen and Bar. The Tropicana Pool Cafe offers poolside dining options, and 25 Degrees serves hamburgers and lighter fare as well.
• Wi-Fi at a fee
• 300 rooms, including 63 suites (26-111m2)
• Hotel opened: 1927
• Interiors: Yabu Pushelberg
• Bathroom amenities: Davine
• Unique: The million-dollar mural at the bottom of the hotel's Tropicana Pool was painted by David Hockney in 1987.
Private parking possible on-site (charged).
• Madame Tussauds: opposite
• Grauman’s Chinese Theatre: 1-minute walk
• Hollywood Walk of Fame: 2-minute walk
• Melrose Avenue: 2 km / 1.2 miles
• L.A. Live, Microsoft Theater, Staples Center: 9.4 km / 5.8 miles
• Los Angeles International Airport: 18.4 km / 11.4 miles
Hip and happening, Dream Hollywood is a stylish hotel with a midcentury design concept and views of the iconic Hollywood hills. The newly built hotel is connected by an a...
Located just 600 metres from Hollywood's iconic Capitol Records Building is Mama Shelter, the latest by the French design hotel chain. The ground floor of the hotel...
W Hollywood is a contemporary design hotel, set in the heart of Hollywood, on top of the Hollywood and Vine metro station. Rooms come with a 42" plasma-screen T...
- DNA Hot List
- gay friendly & gay owned
- glam & sexy
- pet friendly
- retro & vintage
- swimming pool
There are no reviews yet.
Back to top