district: Grand Cul-de-Sac
Le Sereno St. Barth has reopened following damage from Hurricane Irma. The owning Contreras family decided to demolish and to completely rebuild from scratch a significant part of the property, including more than half the rooms and all the public spaces, while maintaining the iconic style of Le Sereno which has a devoted following amongst guests.
In the spirit of plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose, the original team that created Le Sereno has been reassembled to undertake the rebuild, while keeping the essence of the hotel intact and will feature the following:
- the entire Bungalow Piscine room category has been built from the ground up, featuring larger rooms and new interior design
- three new rooms have been added to the Bungalow Piscine category, two of which are part of a brand-new Family Suite offering that includes private pools for each suite
- the all-new waterfront Grand Suite Plage Sud rooms built from the ground up, featuring a larger bedroom and private garden with outdoor bathtubs
- a completely redesigned restaurant with a new bar, a lounge and an all-new beach restaurant extension, where guests can dine with their feet in the sand. The much-loved oak roof was rebuilt, and amazing views of the lagoon remain intact
- a brand new spa and treatment rooms with products from Valmont and Sothys, and a fitness facility with new exercise equipment
- a new garden leading up to the Grand Suite Plage rooms, which retain their classic look with new interiors
- a new on-site retail boutique featuring curated finds from the exquisite Milan-based boutique Larusmiani, the oldest menswear brand of Via MonteNapoleone, and a special section called Ladies First, a selection of women’s beachwear, accessories and jewelry available exclusively at the hotel.
The iconic and much-Instagrammed pool at Le Sereno overlooking the Grand Cul de Sac retains the same look. The lobby building with its picturesque red doors continues to greet guests and each of the three, four-bedroom villas retain their design, while the interiors have been refurbished and the private pools are now heated.
✅ free Wi-Fi • size matters: 39 rooms & suites (70-650m2) (750-7,000 sq ft) • hotel opened: 2018 • interior design: Christian Liaigre ✅ free on-site parking • pets allowed on request • 24-hour front desk