Not only hotels – authentic and inspirational places to stay.
We are the online platform for the coolest places to stay: Authentic. Stylish. Local. Sustainable. Cultured. Original. Think online and offline inspirational publications combined and filtered in one. We are Mr&Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Wallpaper* Magazine, HIP Hotels, Monocle, Design Hotels™, Tablet Hotels, The Aficionados and ArchiLovers all in one. Plus many, many more, including our own unique finds.
We avoid the words boutique and design hotels, as we feel these terms are worn out and clichéd. As with luxury, another much used term in the business, it is being replaced by authenticity, real experiences and true connections. Which is what DNA Hotels stands for, moving away from institutionalised and standardised lodging options.Time to move to the next level!
Why we are different:
- Moving away from the standard means having another kind of website, which is more blog-like and journalistic, to appeal to the target audience. A highly targeted audience which is not defined by demographics (also outdated) but by “people who care where they stay”. We are about storytelling and stay far from the generic way of the OTA’s and most other websites. With high quality, relevant content we create loyal customers, not bargain hunters.
- Key to DNA Hotels is that we actively promote direct bookings. As a principle of fairness (hoteliers and hosts pay ridiculous amounts of commission to OTAs) as well that the better deal for consumers is to be had booking direct. We will be introducing a direct booking service later this year with real time availability and rates, charged at 10% commission.
- By building a network of passioned hosts that have a story to tell and by promoting each other’s businesses through DNA Hotels we tap into the ‘hotel lovers’ niche and reach ‘the right’ customer. We will also be introducing a “best practices’ guide and “Friends of DNA Hotels” section.
- By setting aside one room night per year for a member of our Hotel Writers Club not only will you get great content, you will also get a professional review that matters in a world where everybody seems to be an expert nowadays. We refrain from “staff replied to every wish”, “thoughtfully designed” (we hope so!) and “highly anticipated opening”.
- DNA Hotels is a return to the good, old open internet without having to log in and stepping away from the social media mantra. Nowadays business see their carefully created audiences of followers only reached by paid advertisements or their profiles removed by things out of their control. Not to mention the intrusive nature of advertising, fakeness of sponsored posts, the standardised format, or simply the fact that ‘ready to buy’ and time of exposure to product and service do not collide.
- The only social media we use is Pinterest, where our boards (like the “where to stay” and style guides) get 900,000 to a million views per month. Contrary to other social media, Pinterest is used as a source of inspiration and a meaning to buy.
- Like our Pinterest pages, the collections & inspirations section on the DNA Hotels website goes far beyond the location and price search options offered by most websites. See how your property fits in!
My name is Chiel Nobels (that’s me in the pic) and I am the founder of DNA Hotels. With DNA Hotels I aim to build the world’s #1 platform for authentic and inspirational places to stay. Sometimes bigger is better. Join! – Here’s how it works:
Our offer is pretty straightforward. To grow our platform we ask you to place one of our logo’s/banners like this one on your website:
The banner has to include a link to either the DNA Hotels homepage or your individual listing. We will be including a link to your official website (see the “view the hotel website” buttons throughout the DNA Hotels pages). Quality links are still one of the three backbones for improving Google rankings and organic traffic, the others being quality content and a technically well functioning website.
You pay the one-time admimistration fee:
€ 149 if you have less than 10 rooms
€ 199 if you have 10 to 20 rooms
€ 299 if you have over 20 rooms
By the end of 2021 we will be introducing a direct booking tool with real-time availability and rates. Bookings generated and consumed are charged at 10% commission. Our direct booking tool connects with your PMS or channel manager. No integrations, allocations, technology brain, time or money needed!
Until integration with your booking engine or channel NO commissions! But to be honest, no tracking either.
Join now, click the button below and drop us a few lines of text and we’ll take it from there.
Don’t have an online booking engine? We can recommend our partner’s state of the art system especially geared toward smaller properties.