DNA Hotels aims to be the #1 platform for people who care where they stay. Highly targeted, defied of demographics, we are about authenticity, real experiences and true connections, moving away from institutionalized and standardized lodging options. Time to move to the next level!
Why we are different:
• Our blog-style website has a journalistic approach. Not only hotels, but all inspirational places to stay are presented in a playful, non standardized manner. With our ‘The DNA’ section on the individual profiles we highlight the why (owners, concept) in stead of the what. People are really interested in why you do things, which explains why TV programs about people starting a b&b or small hotel abroad are so popular. Meaningful content is written by our club of professional ‘hotel writers’ as opposed to endless, non-relevant reviews and to create loyal customers, not bargain hunters.
• A highly targeted audience, yet without being pigeonholed. Stepping away from the Millennium Mantra. Customers nowadays are individuals and cannot be pinpointed. That’s why we include a broad range of accommodations, from old school hotel experiences to glamping, private houses to sailing cruises.
• With our #tags we go beyond the usual search options offered by the OTAs. Customers can look for specific (architectural) styles and vibes, out-of-the-ordinary experiences, features and facilities, wining & dining, pets and kids – or no kids. Hotels are so much more than just a place to rest. Think wine hotels, Michelin starred restaurants, hot air ballooning, art and culture classes, yoga retreats, Brutalist beauties, revamped motels, penthouse suites. Have a look at our experiences (more coming!).
• Our focus with social media is on Pinterest. This fast growing platform is ideal to promote our members: Pinners are looking for real inspiration, not just passing time looking at celebreties or friends. Also, the Pinterest environment has less intrusive advertising/sponsored posts and distraction to click away. Currently the pins on the DNA pages attract around a million views per month.
• Not just another booking channel. We are about direct bookings. We link direct to your own booking engine. By charging a fixed fee per year – no commissions! – we have the opportunity to promote your property through any channel. As much as we like to see only direct bookings, it is impossible to rule out customers booking through OTAs or perhaps the biggest channel to come: Google.
• Our multi channel promotion also includes any organization you might be already part of – think marketing co-ops as Small Luxury Hotels, niche sites as The Aficionados, specialized OTA’s (Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith) or any other online publication.
• And, DNA Hotels is not just another distribution channel, but a platform of likeminded hoteliers, hosts, travel writers and friends. This way we build a community of likeminded spirits. #inclusion!
Here’s how it works:
The annual membership fee includes the set up and keep up of the profile and administration costs. We will arrange a text and a selection of photos are usually found on the internet. Otherwise we will ask you to supply. After your final OK on the profile and settlement of the first invoice you will be fully online. This also includes various pins on our Pinterest, like the “where to stay” guides and style boards. After the first year you have the option to make use of our Hotel Writers Collective and keep your profile’s content fresh and up to date.
1-9 keys: €149
10-19 keys: €199
20-49 keys: €299
50 keys and over/groups: inquire
Being part of DNA Hotels you are required to place one of our banners (example below) on your website. This helps getting more organic traffic to both the DNA Hotels’ and your website. Websites that have great content, run smooth technically and have relevant in and outgoing links perform better in the (Google) rankings.
To get started we need your company details: official company name, registered address and if you are within the EU your VAT number. By the time we start charging commissions we will send you a detailed contract which you have to sign.